Sunday 26 July 2009

Nick Keppol - Things Fall Apart

I mentioned in my last post that I stumbled upon Nick Keppol's Typography work that led me to his Photography collection from the last post, but I just thought id show some of the type stuff too, as this one in particular is very nice. The mixture of illustrative custom type with just enough legibility is perfect. The letters look as if they have just been washed away by the tide on a beach or blown away by a breeze, but still with saying that they don't look like fragile letters, the letterforms are quite strong and Nick has done well to have such seemless fragility with such strong letters. Saying this though I think the work in the initial sketch gives the idea a little more room to breathe, the cracks in the type are more evident, where as in the finished piece the stronger stone like cracks have been replaced with waterlike droplets.

No comments:

Post a Comment