Monday 20 July 2009

The Troika Cloud in Terminal 5



I recently flew from Heathrow terminal 5, and on my way up to the business class lounge i found myself going up and down the escalators over and over again looking at this bean shaped object suspended between the escalators constantly transforming the patterns that covered it. Not only was the constantly changing pattern mesmerizing but the rain like sound that accompanied the 4638 mirrors fliping around also had a certain enjoyable quality and made it come to life. Once i sat down in the lounge i opened the Creative Review i had just bought in WHSmiths to my suprise i found the Trokika 'Cloud' that i had just been staring at for twenty minutes, it won a Yellow Pencil for Digital Installations, something i was not so shocked at as i had jus spent twenty minutes just looking at it going up and down the escalators while the rest of my family went to sit down and thought i was a bit strange. So maybe it is something that can only really be apreciated by those who look for creative things constantly in the world around them, my step dad for instance had flown from the business class lounge at terminal 5 a couple of times before and had never looked at it, my sister simply said ''yea thats cool''.

No comments:

Post a Comment